Sunday, July 12, 2009

Working? Kind of

I've been home alone for the past couple of days, and the solitude hasn't energized me as much as I'd hoped. True, yesterday I entered my store into several craft databases, including Indiepublic and Plumdrop, and I've received good responses from both, but... I'm still not feeling terribly motivated. I need to finish the ruffled neckwarmer that's taking me forever; I need to do the ironing; I need to clean some more; I need to write out a new resume; I need to round up Peggy and get her to pose in some more little sweaters. I haven't done any of these things.

Instead, I've been reading Phil Rickman's Prayer of the Night Shepherd pretty much ALL day - I finished it, btw, before my late lunch - and now I want to start on the next book in the series that has become my new addiction. But I also want to knit, and for the most part, I can't knit and read simultaneously. The exception is when the book is large enough to lie open by itself and the knitting is easy enough to do without looking. Yes, I've tried it.

Truth is, I want a new knitting project. I've been checking the Afghans for Afghans site daily hoping to see they've posted a new campaign, but so far they haven't. I'm getting worried - is the war in Afghanistan getting so bad that they'll have to put their work there on hold? I really hope not.

At any rate, it's Sunday, by far the quietest, laziest day of the week in this part of Tennessee. Maybe I'll just go read for the rest of the afternoon. As they say, never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment