Monday, June 28, 2010

The best way to knit socks - ever!




Two-at-a-time from the toe up, as presented in the aptly-named book Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. After several bookstore visits of resisting the urge to buy yet another knitting book, I finally broke down and bought this one a week ago. And let me tell you - it was worth spending $16.95 of my hard-earned cash, because it has completely transformed my view of socks. It's incredible - no more second-sock boredom, no more worrying about running out of yarn, no more fussing around with tiny double-pointed needles. With this technique in my head, I've become a bona fide Sock Knitter. I've already written two patterns based on the technique, and I'm hoping to have some in my shop soon, both ready-to-ship and available for custom order.
Thus, here I have some model socks I've just begun for my Etsy store; a pair of wool women's socks for Afghans for Afghans that I'm almost done with; and another A4A pair that I knit in the car on the way to and from the IKEA store in Pittsburg. (Believe it or not, there's no IKEA in Cleveland.) And I've just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment