Saturday, March 12, 2011

Afghans for Afghans child's sweater


So my old netbook suddenly broke down a few days ago, completely throwing off my work schedule. Luckily my husband's a techie and had kept his older but quite functional Mac laptop on hand, so I now have a working computer and can get back to business!
Here's the finished Afghans for Afghans destash sweater I mentioned earlier. I used wool colors I don't have much use for in my shop - light pinks and blues, for instance - and mixed them in with the variegated yarn I had leftover from my cardigan. I knit it top-down according to the pattern, but I think in the future I'll go for bottom-up sweaters; this one is nice and was fun to do, but I liked the bottom-up raglan shaping better. Soon it'll be in the mail heading to San Francisco and then to Afghanistan.
Next up: I'm back into my cat blankets. I have three of them planned out, and with luck I'll get them done by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment