Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hat finished, scarf begun


I finished Dan's hat yesterday, after a bit of frogging and reknitting to get it the right size, and here you see him kindly modeling it for me. As you can see, it looks very nice on him. The only thing I don't like about it is the way it covers up his nice curly black hair... but that's a hat for you.





I've still got a ton of the yarn left, btw, and I'm using it to make a scarf that should appear on Etsy before too long.








Another great yarn shop, which I visited yesterday, is Fabulous Yarn in Tivoli, New York - well worth a visit if you're in the area, but even if you're not it's okay, because they run a mail-order service as well! Wonderful stuff.

(Far right: my loot from this trip.)




(Right: Divinely soft white alpaca that I want to turn into a wedding-esque shawl.)




C'est belle, la vie, quand on a de la laine!

No comments:

Post a Comment