Monday, January 11, 2010

Socks!


I'm back onto the socks, since Afghans for Afghans has another campaign for kids' clothes going on. I used up some wool remnants from other projects, including the rest of the pretty variegated green-blue yarn I used to make a vest for Mom, and I also bought a bunch of this super yummy variegated wool on sale at Herrschners. (If you haven't guessed already, I LOVE variegated yarn. Though I don't have ADD in my non-knitting life, I seem to with regard to knitting. The changing colors you get with variegated yarn can keep me entertained for a really long time. Most projects using one-color yarns are reserved for TV knitting.) The first pair of socks I made from it is on the far left. This yarn is just so full of happy that I couldn't use it for anything but A4A socks. Knitting with it is like eating candy - I just can't stop! These first five pairs went in the mail today; more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment