Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week of February 26th - March 3rd






Since Filene's Basement went under for good in late December, I've been down to one part-time day job. That has enabled me to throw myself more fully into my textiles, as well as reclaim my social life and joie de vivre. (That's not to say I didn't like my cashier job, because I did, and I'm sorry the company went under; it's just that shuffling between two day jobs while trying to be an entrepreneur and a human being on the side can be exhausting on a profound level.) I've increased my focus on designing, joined Twitter, Artfire, and Pinterest, and now it's time to reboot my blog.

So, this week. While the husband has been engrossed in grad school, I've been busily designing and knitting a vest in his size. I'm lazy with the camera and therefore don't have any pictures yet, but it's a marled light gray with a double moss stitch design. Finished the front (v-neck), and now I'm toiling away at the back. It's attractive but not too thrilling to knit, so thank goodness for Netflix.

Finished and listed some new men's hats, knit in Peruvian wool ordered from KnitPicks. I know it's only March, but I'm already stocking up for next fall and winter.

Went to a talk at Case Western given by Robyn Ochs on gender and sexuality. She's a great speaker, and I think I can safely say that it was the most fun two-hour lecture I've ever been to.

And, perhaps best of all, I found some more of my teddy bears on the Mother Bear Project site! There's one from Mali and the rest are from South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment