Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week of March 4th - 11th






As of Friday, the gray vest is finally finished! Rather nice, I think. I was going for something conservative but not too boring; something you could wear over a casual long-sleeved shirt or a dress shirt. I spent a good bit of yesterday afternoon working on resizing it so I can offer it in men's sizes S through XL. Think I succeeded - I should have it typed up over the next day or so.

I had a few skeins of handspun I was being lazy about, so today I went ahead and photographed, edited, and listed them. The handspun is currently a labor of love; I've only sold two skeins ever, and one was to a family member. I wish I could just knit it all up myself, but I doubt it would sell then, either, so I'm still working on it!

I've started reading more regularly, by the way. I've always loved to read, but I got out of the habit of reading regularly for fun in high school and college - there was so much school reading that I never had time. Since I graduated, I find I still work pretty much all the time. Old habits die hard. However, now I'm putting longer hours in to knitting, I have to force myself to take regular breaks so I don't wear out my hands - perfect reading time! I took the liberty of rereading one of my favorite books, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. It's possibly the most riveting nonfiction book I've ever read. Next on the agenda is a fantasy novel, The Overlord Rising: Dragon Touched by E.W. Scott. I'm particularly excited about that one because I, in fact, know the author! She's a very fun person and an excellent writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment