Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week of March 19th-25th





It was kind of a rough week; I realized that if I want to make it through the summer, I'm going to have to get a second part-time job. (Or give it my best try, at least.) It's funny how even a slight alteration of your future plans can throw you so off-balance. Job searching is such a mess; I can't remember what it was like before the recession, but it sure isn't fun now! Still, I've had good luck in the past.

I photographed and listed a bunch of new items - some men's gloves and mittens for next winter, a handspun infinity scarf, and some new sari silk jewelry. I've been wanting to get into textile jewelry for a while now, and spring is the time to do it! The infinity scarf was a test run for one of my favorite handspun yarns, and it was so lovely I decided I'd try listing it. It was a lot of fun to make, and I love the finished look.

Otherwise, I'm back on my Mother Bear Project bears - knit two this week, no pictures yet. I finished reading The Overlord Rising: Dragon Touched and loved it; you can see my Amazon.com review here. (I'm Anne, obviously.) Started The Novice: A Story of True Love by Thich Nhat Hanh, one of my favorite Dharma teachers.

Busy week ahead of me. Let's hope that by the end of it, I'll have gotten some results from my job search. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment